Friday, April 20, 2012

A New Start

It's been a long time since I wrote. But I wanted to share how much our life has changed. We found our own apartment and moved out of my father's place. We also moved to a small town. I knew things were bad at Hunter's old school but of course I didn't realize how bad til we got to the new school. At his old school his only friends were a few girls and his cousin. Now he has a bunch of boys that he's friends with and they play at recess everyday. Resource at his old school was nothing but a study hall for him and he was failing miserably. Now he is actually getting the additional help in the areas he needs. He's also getting the social skills group he needs, as well as a few other things I never even knew could be offered. Bryton is in preschool and loving it. He has to go a few towns over for the program he needs. Socially he is behind still but he is getting better. Where we live there are 2 other kids his age, so he gets plenty of socialization now. He has trouble going to sleep and sleeping through the night but we are going to go discuss this with his doctor. I love where we are at in the country. It's so peaceful I love to just sit outside. I find myself taking less and less interest in the computer (not a bad thing). We have big plans for this summer with the boys which include lots of time outside. What a difference a new start makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment